Historians pay very close attention! This opportunity is your dream come true!
Presenting a very rare and exciting chance to own a large, relatively unrestricted parcel of Potomac River/C&O Canal front land located in historic and beautiful Sharpsburg, Maryland, in Washington County. The current owners have found Civil War-era nails and bullets on the land when simply walking around the property. Imagine how exciting the excavating and metal detecting would be... oh, the relics you might find!! The natural beauty here is legendary and the historical significance of this Maryland, and nearby ( 15 minutes) West Virginia, area is staggering. Many historians would, and do, argue that the battles and events which occurred in this region forever affected the trajectory and narrative of our nation. Nearby ( 30 minutes) Harpers Ferry, West Virginia is home to arguably one of, if not the most, impactful events for our country. In addition to its history, this special property affords an exceptional rural location and experience while also being close to all that the metropolitan areas of Washington, D.C., and Baltimore, Maryland have to offer. Here you might build your dream home and farm the land. Or, perhaps you'll create a stunning homestead with incredible privacy and leave the land as is to make each day an amazing and new experience. This could be your once in a lifetime opportunity to own a piece of heaven here on earth in the Mid-Atlantic region. Who knows? It could become the property and home that is passed down from your generation to the next and so on... Your own history in the making, if you will. This remarkable piece of land offers:
- 42 pastoral and serene canal front acres with a multitude of possibilities such as: Farming, cattle, an event venue, a retreat, a private home, horses, land leasing, and more!
- Seller will have a septic installed
- Lot can share a driveway or establish its own
- Direct access to The Potomac River for fishing, kayaking, canoeing, tubing, swimming
- Direct access to the gorgeous C&O Canal National Historical Park with a towpath that offers 184.5 miles of pristine and protected land for hiking, biking, horseback riding, picnicking, and camping
- The vast natural habitats of native species provides boundless opportunities for bird watching, fishing, photography, painting, and learning
- 5 short minutes from Antietam National Battlefield
- Situated just 1.5 hours from Washington, D.C. & Baltimore, Maryland
- Surrounding and near counties include: Frederick, Allegheny and Garrett Counties in MD; Jefferson, Berkeley and Morgan Counties in WV; Loudoun, Clarke and Frederick Counties in Virginia; Adams, Franklin and Cumberland Counties in Pennsylvania
- And for our ambitious, innovative and visionary folks? There are some incredible usage and entrepreneurial possibilities with this parcel of land. Bring your best ideas and boundless energy to this gorgeous county and see what you can create!!
- And, not to be forgotten, this property is just 8-10 minutes from the locally famous Nutter's Ice Cream! Home of giant scoops of some of the BEST ice cream in the area!
- Year not provided