This farmstead is nestled in the rolling hills of Chester County with mixed agriculture, timber and creek frontage, and it shows its value in the first impression. The large dairy barn is accompanied by a rock-solid 3-story bank barn. Beyond the barn are two silos and several other outbuildings. This farm can provide a healthy row crop and dairy business for someone looking to expand or begin their own. The 1974-built dairy facility can be brought back into production with some TLC. The soil qualities on this property provide an above-average soil rating for the region and known annual bumper crops! The fields are currently in a crop rotation under an income-producing farming lease. Several hay fields line the creek bottom and have continually provided for the farm's livestock. The functioning horse stalls and established pasture fencing throughout the property can house your horses and livestock. The East Branch Octoraro Creek runs along the western and northern borders of the property on its way to Octoraro Lake. With deep pools and winding bends, the secluded creek will provide fishing, waterfowl and swimming opportunities. The pockets of timber, fence rows and riparian edges located on this tract concentrate the deer sign and illustrate how whitetails move through the landscape. No house conveys with the property, but your dream home can be built with level ground and electricity on site. This property has its own unique identity and is likely to check many of the boxes you may have. Whether it's outdoor recreation, farming, or an investment opportunity that you are looking for, this farmstead has it all!
- Dairy Barn, 2 Bank Barns, Horse Stalls, SIlos, Outbuildings, Pasture Fencing, Tillable, Pasture, Hay, Enrolled in government program, Above average soil rating.
- Big Game, Small Game, Migratory bird, Waterfowl, Predators, Fishing, Creek, Trail System, Seller's Mineral Right Convey. Wildlife Management Unit 5C
- Electric Onsite.
- 6+ acres of fenced in pasture connected to livestock quarters.
- 45+/- acres of tillable ground.
- 13+/- acres of hayfield.
- 1+/- mile of creek frontage.
- 12,000+/- sqft dairy barn.
- 3,600+/- sqft two-story bank barn with horse stalls in first story.
- 3,200+/- sqft gothic roof two-story bank barn used for hay storage.
- 400+/- sqft workshop attached to the bank barn.
- 2 grain silos.
- 1 corn crib.
- Chester County
- 39.8506, -76.0157